It's All About Me

I'm a young-ish mom to Olivia (on the brink of being old-ish) who looks for humor in most situations but can be overly sarcastic at times.

Thursday, September 27, 2007

What's Wrong With Squirrels These Days?

I'm very concerned about the future of squirrels. They haven't been following the rules and that's going to get them squished.

This morning as I drove to Olivia's school, I had to swerve to avoid running over a squirrel. A few minutes later as I drove to work, I had to swerve to avoid running over a squirrel. A few minutes later when I was almost to work, a squirrel darted out before I could swerve and went underneath the car. I reluctantly checked the rearview mirror but didn't see any squirrel carnage.

A couple of hours later, I left work, got into the car and headed to the doctor. I had to swerve to avoid running over a squirrel. Two hours later, I was driving back to work from the doctor and I had to swerve to avoid running over a squirrel. This was slightly difficult because my left arm was very sore from the tetanus shot and my left arm is my swerving arm. I pulled into a drive-thru coffee hut to medicate myself as all of this squirrel swerving was making my nerves jittery. A few minutes later, I was driving to back to work with my triple venti latte and I had to swerve to avoid running over a squirrel.

I don't think it was the same squirrel.

No comments: